Some 100+ IABC leaders from around the world participated in the inaugural IABC Leadership Forum – an initiative I first covered in an earlier post titled silos are so yesterday. They connected to a Google Hangout on Air, checked in via Twitter or checked out the replay (which is already available here) and we’ve had great feedback so far.
Q&A in action
— Joanne Kazmierski (@JoanneKaz) September 23, 2015
Monthly – and yes! – and you don’t have to wait until next month to get a question answered. Just head over to the IABC Chapter Leaders Group on LinkedIn and pitch in – you can also share your feedback on the call there, write to Leader_Centre@iabc.com – or indeed, drop me a line anytime: @michaelambjorn on Twitter or via the good old electronic mail: email@example.com.
Some of the questions were around tough issues – we’re still on a journey recovering from ten years of underinvestment in technology. A topic I addressed at some length in my inaugural comments at the 2015 IABC Annual General Meeting in San Francisco. We are making progress though and I am confident that we’ve turned the corner – and there’s lots of exciting things going on.
Here’s a quick recap of what else we covered:
All of these items were interspersed with Q&A based on questions coming in from Hangout questions, Twitter etc.
- Welcome, brief introductions – I was joined by IABC Vice Chair Dianne Chase, our Executive Director Carlos Fulcher MBA CAE and our Global Communications Director Melissa Dark ABC.
- Quick revisit of questions from the AGM (which included quite a bit on tech) – and top questions from the Chapter Leader LinkedIn group + any audience questions.
- What’s coming up: places to #createconnection, October Member Month and Gold Quill – and the Chapter Management Awards…
- Top tools: Melissa walked us through the leader comms tools including the Leader Centre, the Leader Letter and a few other things you’re regularly getting in your inbox.
- The big international stuff: World Conference, Best in Show (get the leader toolkit) and a look ahead to the Leadership Institute in Los Angeles in February 2016.
Thanks to all who connected – and you don’t have to wait until next month to get a question answered. Just head over to the IABC Chapter Leaders Group on LinkedIn and pitch in.
Let’s #createconnection – like never before.