Leaders from around the world are heading to #IABCLI in Los Angeles next week. It is one of my favourite events of the year. It is a real opportunity to look to the horizon, get inspired – and make practical steps forward. Let’s start with a few pictures from 2015:
Now before attending any event I try and do a little bit of prep to make sure I can both add – and get – maximum value. As the old saying goes: you get out what you put in, and being well briefed helps with that.
I thought I’d share my knowledge packing list in case it is useful for any other IABC leaders prepping for a meeting with other leaders, whether next week in LA – or in fact anytime… because I believe true inspiration sits at the intersect of what you know, what others can help you with – and what you can help them with.
Let me put it differently:
It is through creating connection with others that we help each other realise what’s truly possible – and how to get there.
Take time to explore the intersect. It is where the magic happens.
Travelling light? Here’s what I’ve got in my carry-on – the four most recent newsletters from IABC:
- CW Observer – the weekly round-up of the latest from Communication World…
- IABC Weekly Digest – goes to all members, lists all the global social channels, regional conferences and much more…
- IABC Leader Letter – goes to IABC leaders monthly and has the latest on leader events, membership month etc.
- The ‘Steal Sheet‘ has handy ready-made stuff for tweeting etc.
In for the long-haul? Here are a few things I’ve also packed for in-depth reading and reference:
- Who does what. In Venn. What’s not to like.
- IABC Leader Centre – your one-stop resource for the good practice library and much more.
- The most recent quarterly report – embedded below for easy scanning. The next report will be released at LI.
- Notes from recent Leadership Forum Q&As.
Want something social for checking on the phone whilst in the check-in queue?
Like any good communicator, you’d also expect me to check that I’m up to speed on Tone of Voice…
— Michael Ambjorn (@michaelambjorn) December 16, 2015
Install the app to see for yourself – and connect with fellow leaders.
Big thanks to the Council of Regions – and staff – who have been pulling out all the stops to prepare for this.
Hope to see you in LA!
Let’s create connection like never before.