At today’s International Executive Board, at the 2017 World Conference in Washington DC, we closed out the 2014-17 Strategy.
It was a strategy that transformed IABC.
At the 2017 Annual General Meeting a talented group of leaders are set to step up and take for the next strategy: #IABC1720
The purpose of this post is to briefly:
- Take stock, reflect, gain insights to move forward
- Close loops, let go of what is no longer relevant
- Acknowledge, appreciate, thank
As with any 46-year-old organisation, much work remains, yet our leaders around the world report that they have seen a step-change. And, as with any 46-year-old organisation, much that came before has been built on. We’re grateful to all who put their should to the wheel over the years.
Building on the best from our founding, we moved from an organisation that had friction and confusion into one ready to re-energize. Today at the AGM we’ll set out a rechartered mission to that effect.
In shorthand, these are the things that advances us to where we are today:
- Clarity & alignment: roles and responsibilities.
- Customer focus: strategic advisors.
- Actionable insights: survey policy and personas ; key performance indicators clarified; annual portfolio review initiated; board-level chapter and region dashboard implemented – and groundwork for strategic funnel laid.
- Bottom line results: back in black; technology updated; ready for the future.
Ready for #IABC1720
Lessons learnt? Almost uncountable. Painstakingly documented on this blog – some 100+ posts. Go ahead and explore. For example, there’s a whole section dedicated to insights articulated through Venns – and we even have paper airplanes with leadership advice from your peers. Because strategy work can otherwise be a bit dry.
The board spent time reviewing what was good, and difficult – during the implementation of the 2014-17 strategy. It was an opportunity close loops, and discuss what needs to be done differently in the coming years.
— Michael Ambjorn (@michaelambjorn) 10 June 2017
Acknowledge, appreciate, thank
Thanks to the 2014-15, 2015-6 and 2016-17 boards who oversaw the development and implementation of the strategy. And our hard working leaders in the field. The people who power chapters and regions around the world.
And our staff. Thank you all. We couldn’t have done it without you.
Here’s to the next chapter!