Photo: Connie Eckard, ABC, Ph.D., IABC Fellow and Executive Director Stephanie Doute at 2018 Leadership Institute.
If you came to the 2018 Leadership Institute you had a chance to meet Connie Eckard, ABC, Ph.D., IABC Fellow, and be inspired. The standing ovation he received brought tears to my eyes as we celebrated a man who has given so much to the profession and to our association. Even in his retirement, he continues to serve on the Pacific Plains Region Board.
Right now we have a lot of ways to get involved at the international level. It doesn’t matter if you have a lot of time to give, or only a little, we have a role that fits your skills and availability.
To accomplish our vision and get professional communicators at the heart of every organization, we need you. You are our missing piece!
Right now, we’re searching for the people who are willing to help lead the charge. Our strategy is three-fold:
- advance the profession.
- create connection.
- develop strategic communicators.
You’ll have an opportunity to learn something new, advance the profession and meet colleagues from around the globe.
These are the committees and a little something about what they do:
Programmatic Committees: operate as an extension of staff, working in alignment with the board approved strategy and budget.
- Academy: Primary responsibility for oversight of the, definition and quality of IABC Academy programs, ensuring diversity of faculty, and for the development and maintenance of the curriculum, in line with the core principles of the Global Standard and across all career levels.
- Awards: provide leadership and vision for IABC Gold Quill Awards.
- Editorial: Develop and deliver on a rolling three-year plan that provides lifelong learning opportunities — giving members the tools and information they need and share the best global communication practices, ideas, and experiences that will enable the development of highly ethical and effective performance standards for our profession .
- NEW Foundation Fundraising Committee: Serve as a personal ambassador to support all fundraising initiatives, working collaboratively with staff to develop and execute fundraising campaign in line with approved Foundation strategic priorities.
- NEW Foundation Grant Selection Task Force: a time-limited action team who conducts the evaluation, selection and recommendation of all IABC Foundation grants or scholarships.
- NEW Foundation Research Grant Evaluation Task Force: a time-limited action team tasked to develop objective rubric and criteria to support grants for targeted research that results in case studies, white papers or other publications supporting member needs and IABC thought leadership.
- World Conference Program Advisory Committee: works collaboratively with staff to ensure the IABC World Conference is a high-value professional development experience aligned to the needs of the global profession.
- Global Communication Certification Council: an autonomous body created by the IABC, that governs and develops the Communication Management Professional and the Strategic Communication Management Professional certification programs. IABC membership is not a requirement to hold any of the credentials launched within the new certification program or to serve on the Council.
Board Committees: work as an extension of the International Executive Board.
- Ethics: Consider and adjudicate ethical issues and concerns brought before the committee.
- Fellows: Responsible for evaluating annual nominations and making recommendations to the IABC Executive Board (IEB) for new IABC Fellows each year. This committee is also responsible for input to the IEB on policy, standards and strategic development of the IABC Fellows program. This committee includes both Fellows and non-Fellows.
- Investment: The Investment Committee recommends a financial advisor for the Association’s funds (for approval by the IEB); works with the financial advisor to develop and recommend investment options for approval by the IEB; recommends investment policy; supervises investment of IABC funds up to limits established by the IEB, in vehicles with guaranteed returns offered by such banks, trust companies, or other corporate bodies or organizations as may from time to time be designated by, or under authority of, the IEB; and reports to the IEB.
Download all the details on applying in our Candidate Briefing packet. You’ll find roles and responsibilities related to each of the committees. Deadline is March 20, 2018.
Please consider what role you can play. It takes all kinds of skills and specialities to achieve our vision. We need your voice at the table.